Today was Drew's class Valentine's Day party. He came back with tons of loot. It turns out that kids don't just give V-Day cards like we all did when we were in school. Oh no, the cards come attached to all kinds of candy and gift bags. What??!!! When did that start happening?
As I was pondering that one, I made my way to my appointment this afternoon with the Sales Director of The Allison ... a brand new hotel & day spa being built in Newberg and set to open in August. It will be the first high class hotel Yamhill County has. I wanted an opportunity to do my own little "sales pitch" for No Ordinary Affair.
As I was pondering that one, I made my way to my appointment this afternoon with the Sales Director of The Allison ... a brand new hotel & day spa being built in Newberg and set to open in August. It will be the first high class hotel Yamhill County has. I wanted an opportunity to do my own little "sales pitch" for No Ordinary Affair. All I can say is, "Wow!!" Everything about our meeting exceeded my wildest dreams. It's like God's opened wide yet another door for me. I was euphoric when I left!! Kind of like some of you women feel when you go shopping ... when the adrenaline is running high. This is how I get my adrenaline rush since I'm not a shopper. Never have been, never will be. In fact, Michael gives me a bad time for having fewer clothes than any woman he knows. Someday when I have the money, I will rectify that ... but even then, it will be in short, one hour shopping stints. That's all I can handle.
Boy did I digress! I just had the most awesome afternoon and am still processing what this might mean for my business.
On Tuesday at work my Director & I watched the current legislative session as the State Commission on Children & Families gave testimony and tried to plead their case for not being the recipient of massive budget cuts. However, the State CCF was eaten alive by the legislators. It wasn't pretty. While we won't know the final outcome for several weeks (or months?), it was confirmation that my job will indeed cease to exist as of June 30th.
Was I scared? No. In fact, I found myself laughing. And today is just proof that God's got it all under control. God is love and love never fails.
Happy Valentine's Day to you .... my family and my friends. I love you all.
... and I'm missing my man.
No comments:
Post a Comment