Thursday, April 2, 2009

Family Bonding Is ...

... getting to meet my brand new niece-to-be, Gabby. She's a little spitfire who couldn't be cuter if she tried! She's the perfect daughter for Brenda & Miles and we all love her.

... cleaning up after not one, but two vomiting boys. I would pay to never see throw-up again.


... having my boys share their stomach virus with me, Michael, his parents & my parents all within the scope of 72 hours.

... having my mom & sister (who I hadn't seen in 8 months!) take care of my boys while Michael & I spent an entire day on the couch "bonding" over being violently ill together.

... playing couples Sequence with Miles & Brenda (guys vs. girls .... Go Girls!).

... having a sister who will come all the way from Idaho to help me organize my files, my photos and my work magazines so I can finish my tax paperwork and pack more efficiently.

... when you cry 2 seconds after saying goodbye to your sister because you know her 7 hour trek back home is taking her away from you again.

... spending several hours with Michael & Mom painting the 2 bedrooms at my mom & dad's house the boys & I will soon be using. Although my mom & I will never be professional painters, let's just say that it is such a relief to have those ugly, ugly sponge-painted colors "erased" from those bedroom walls. Whew!

And now I am off to mow the backyard in anticipation of some potential buyers coming to see the house tomorrow. Yay for a beautiful weekend to do it! Spring is finally here!

2 comments:

Darin Brown said...

Is Drew really that much taller than Nick and Gabby? One day you'll be looking up at him too.

Becky said...

Yes, Drew really is that much taller. I keep telling my boys that one day I'll be looking up at them, and they'll be the ones picking me up! :)