Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Acting Young Again

Sometimes we all need a little bit of silly fun in our lives. This weekend Michael & I got a good dose while the boys were at Matt's.

One night, after going out to eat, we went to the Dollar Tree. We split up and went separate ways in the store, each armed with $2 and a mission to find something for the rest of our date. We didn't reveal until we were back at my house. Michael's purchases went in a romantic direction while mine went in a purely silly direction. We laughed hard that night and had a blast.

Sunday after church we joined Craig & Vickie and their friend Homer & Judy for lunch and miniature golf. It was a gorgeous day and there was absolutely no one else playing. Michael & I had our own team and I'm not sure I've laughed that hard in a long time. We did so bad on a couple of holes that we re-played them 2 or 3 times.

Last night at our monthly Commission meeting (for work) I found out that my job is at risk. Because of the economic crisis, the Governor is going to be asking for a 10% reduction in all budgets. If that passes, my job may end as of December 31st. I'm not going to worry. I'm going to enjoy what I have now, I'm going to take full and complete advantage of my medical, dental and vision coverage in the next month, and I'm going to trust God for whatever happens.

I'm taking a new step in advancing my business by starting up a monthly newsletter for the wedding vendors in this area. Everything out there is directed to brides; there's nothing for vendors. So far the vendors I've told are very excited. My first issue goes out next week by email. Just one catch ... I DON'T HAVE A GOOD TITLE YET!

Anyone good at brainstorming?

1 comment:

Brenda Torres said...

I have no ideas for your newsletter title, but I like your hair!!