Last week I had my first interaction with Drew's principal. Thursday was the school's annual jog-a-thon and we had all made pledges for Drew based on how many times we thought he could jog around the track in 30 minutes. Let's face it -- he'd be doing awesome to do 4 or 5 laps. So imagine my surprise when I looked out my window and saw that the school had used cones to make their own "lap track" that was maybe 1/16 of a mile -- and even that's being generous.
Drew ran his heart out that morning ... the whole 30 minutes. And he was SO excited to show me his lap card where there were not 4 or 5 stamps, but 22 STAMPS! I had a really good talk with the principal (yes, I was "that" parent) and he apologized profusely on behalf of the PTA for miscommunication with all of the parents as to the actual lap size. He is putting something in tomorrow's Parent Newsletter to acknowledge the error and to allow pledge amounts to be amended as needed. Whew!! I was very impressed with the principal. Our conversations were great and he was very down-to-earth. Thumbs up.
I do have to add how VERY proud I am of Drew! He was so determined to earn his school as much money as possible that he never stopped running that whole 30 minutes, even when his stomach started hurting. Perhaps I'm raising a future member of the Track team?
I am emotionally ready to wash my hands of this house. Did I mention that the newest microwave Michael installed above the stove blew about a month ago? He & I finally wised up and realized that after losing 3 microwaves and 2 coffee machines in a year's time, perhaps, just perhaps, the wiring in the kitchen is screwy. Why it took us that long to come to that conclusion, I have no idea.
It's still difficult for me to come to grips with the fact that even though I have never missed a payment, my entire credit is being ruined because Matt stopped paying his part of the mortgage. And it's difficult to come to grips with the probability of moving in with my parents for a while after I lose this house.
But ... it's out of my hands and I just need to let go of the wheel and let God do the driving. I'm just along for the ride at this point. Trust; it's all about trust.
And humor. There's a lot to be said for humor. I got my first paycheck last week. After the money that was taken out for health insurance, and then paying my tithe and childcare, I was left with a whopping $50. I decided I'm done with crying. So I laughed. Hard. And Michael laughed with me. And we just reminded ourselves that God is in control.
For now, this job is where God wants me. And it's a good job.
I have much to be thankful for.
And here are two of my biggest blessings.
2 comments:
Sweet picture of the boys, Becky.
Laugh. Hard. Yes, sometimes that is all you can do. We just can't imagine how God will deal with the next set of circumstances and bring good out of it. I'm sure you're wondering how this one will turn out, huh? But isn't it great when you start to see puzzle pieces fitting together? I'll be praying for your puzzle pieces. We certainly couldn't handle seeing the final product, but one piece at a time (or maybe a few, please, God?) will work, right?
Praying for you,
Leslie
I love this picture of the boys! Are the really sleeping like this, or just cuddling? I'm sure when they're teenagers they'll deny they ever cuddled so make sure you keep this as evidence! LOL Still praying for you and your housing and finances. Call me when you hear any news. LOVE YOU!! Miles & Bren
Post a Comment