Sunday, November 2, 2008

Bye Bye, October

This Halloween it was Matt's turn to take the boys trick-or-treating. The boys loved the costumes he bought them -- even if Nick didn't quite get the concept of putting his ears inside the mask. I think both boys looked exceptionally cute!

I had invited both sets of our parents to come eat dinner with Michael, the boys & I prior to trick-or-treating so all of the "grandparents" could see the boys all dressed up. It was one of those meals where you invite people over on a last-minute whim and then try to get creative about making the food stretch. Michael & my mom added some things, and Vickie brought brownies. We had absolutely NO WORRIES about there being too little food! I still have leftovers in my fridge.

We adults had fun visiting and listening to my dad's funny stories from the past while the boys were out. Craig & Vickie were laughing pretty hard. Michael may have been thinking, "What am I getting myself into?... " :)

Unfortunately my parents had to leave just before the boys were returned. As you can see by the candy spread out all over the floor and table, the boys came back with their bags LOADED! It was quite the loot.

I thought it was cute that Vickie was all dressed up too, so we just had to get a picture of her with the boys.

While I meeting my No Ordinary Affair assistant, Katie, on Friday morning, Drew lost his second tooth in my mom's company. I took a better picture than this of my toothless boy, but sometimes you just have to post the funny ones! He was very excited to get yet another visit from the Tooth Fairy Friday night.


Michael & I spent the afternoon indulging Drew's love of watching auto racing and sports on tv. Lord help us!!
My tv gets turned off in exactly 2 1/2 hours. Weird. I think the evenings are going to be hardest. And I have to admit that I will miss Drew's memorization of commercials and info-mercials. Just this morning he came into the bathroom to ask me if I had any kind of medicine called Claritin. When I asked why, he said that I needed to switch because Zyrtec works 2 minutes faster. That boy misses nothing.
Tonight I am getting ready to email out my wedding vendor newsletter. My brother came up with the perfect title: "The Wedding Grapevine". Isn't that an awesome name? This first issue is 4 pages and I'm pretty darn proud of it. I'm anxious to get feedback from the vendors. And anxious to see how God can use it to spur my business. I just feel blessed to have the means to do something I love (writing!) for my business I love without it costing me a dime!
Well, I am all set to watch one of the shows Michael & I are hooked on: "The Unit". It will be the last time I can watch it for a while. Unless it's on the computer. Hmmm, I may have to check that out.

No comments: