Since I can't take advantage of the free oil change Church on the Hill is offering to all single moms next Saturday (same day as the wedding I'm doing), I headed to Jiffy Lube this morning. And the first thing I spotted when I walked in the waiting room? ... their free coffee! I wanted to use my own good CoffeeMate at home, so I poured the coffee "to go" and took it with me. Thanks, Jiffy Lube!My mom made it even better later when she showed up with a new coffee maker for me. Awesome! That was in addition to the strawberries, roast, ham, kids' game, sweatsuit for Drew and books for me that she's dropped off in the last 2 days. It's so good to have my parents home! :) Seriously, my mom takes great care of us with all the little things she does.
So in addition to the Jiffy Lube coffee, here's my other kooky thing. Two days ago in the mail I received a manila envelope with a key ... a total marketing gimmick from a local car dealership. Supposedly my key will open one of 3 boxes at the dealership ... the free car or $19,000, the 42" Plasma TV, or the $5 Gas Card. I'm a "guaranteed winner" with no strings attached, no purchase necessary, no need to take a test drive, no mandate to speak to a salesman. So if I have the time and remember this weekend, I'm taking my key down to see what I won. Heck, even the $5 gas card would get me 1 1/4 gallons of gas.It's major countdown time to the wedding. Here is the back side of the lodge where the reception is being held. My clients decided to go the risky route and have me utilize this deck for the extra seating, but they're not tenting it. Yikes! Pray for good weather, people! All I could do was advise them, allow them to make their own decision, and then carry out their wishes.
Yesterday Katie & I finished all but 10 of the wedding programs. And as I'm writing, I'm printing out the Marriage Advice cards for the guests. And making calls. Major multi-tasking.
Wednesday I met with a new caterer in town who contacted me after seeing my ad on Craigslist. They're wonderful people who I would love to use. Now I just need those brides swarming my doors.
In eight days I no longer have any clients or any job ... oh, except for that Mary Kay Virtual Assistant job that's netting me a whopping $40/month. It's funny, but I'm not stressed at all. I'm not sure whether that's because I have no time at all to worry about it, or whether I'm trusting God more.
There is still nothing at all on the job front (I look every day), my attorney never did call me back about her job offer, and I have no clients. I continue marketing and looking...
But you've got my back, God, right? I know You've got a plan.
No comments:
Post a Comment