Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Itchy, but Good

Here are the beginning stages of the wedding programs Katie & I worked on all morning. I sure am blessed to have her helping me!

Tomorrow she & I drive up to the reception site. I'm doing some major last-minute troubleshooting. My clients, awesome though they are, did not heed my admonition about sending out too many invitations. They have already exceeded the max. capacity for the venue and we still have 62 (yes, 62!!) response cards that have not yet been returned.



In addition to the troubleshooting, there is still MUCH to be done on the wedding with only a little more than 2 weeks to go. My office is so full of reception items that it's difficult to even get around in here.

You know what though? I'm still having so much fun!






The boys were wonderful today ... playing good together the whole time Katie & I worked, and then behaving during our detour this afternoon to Les Schwab when the car battery went dead.

I'm looking for the good in everything. For today, the good was that the battery went dead at a time when Michael was working only a couple of streets away and could easily come over and jump the car. And that I was able to delay where I needed to go without any stress.

As for my poison oak, it decided to spread a little more again this afternoon. Why, I don't know. I've wiped down every surface I can think of, I'm still taking cold showers and avoiding heat as much as possible, and I have no idea how or why it's spreading. My neck, chin and eye areas are almost healed. My arms and hands are in various stages of healing. But it has spread somewhat to my fingers, my ears, and the sides of my neck. Go figure. All I know is that I'm ITCHY!!!!! Oh, and hideous looking. Did I mention that? I look like a leper...

Saturday was a very fun, very spontaneous day. The boys were with Matt for the weekend, and I was in some of my very itchy-ist stages, but Michael & I made the best of it and created a very memorable day.

After we each spent the morning working (he on a deck, me on the wedding), I accompanied him on my very first visit to the landfill. Did I mention that it was the second day of 90 - 100 degree heat and we were in a non-air-conditioned truck?



After recuperating in his air-conditioned home, we set off for some late-afternoon garage saling. (Is that even a word?) We then ended up in Salem for dinner. On the way home, he made a surprise detour to the old, old cemetary in Dayton ... a place he knows I've always wanted to visit! Call me a freak, but I love old cemetaries. We wandered around for quite a while, looking at and taking pictures of the headstones from the 1800's.





Once home, we headed up to do some watering at Craig & Vickie's (they've been on vacation) and ended up riding the 4-wheeler around their property. These two deer were the first things we saw. We rode around until dusk. It was so beautiful.

Living here, it is so easy to see the handiwork of God. And if He cares that much about creating so much beauty for us to enjoy, it's easy for me to remind myself that we are going to be just fine.

He loves us. He's not going to leave us.

No comments: