So now onward and forward with the lighter things of life ...
Yesterday was my Grandma's 89th birthday. She was all dressed up and ready to "party". The boys love going to see her because there's always free ice cream at her Assisted Living Facility.
Take today, for example. My cousin Tammy and her son Jordan stopped by for a few minutes this evening. The boys were playing out in the backyard. Or so we thought ... until Tammy went out to get Jordan and we noticed red cherry drippings on the boys' clothes. Initially I thought they had simply disobeyed and climbed the ladders to eat the cherries. Then Nick turned around ...
The boys thought it was quite humorous; I didn't. All I could see was that Nick was wearing some of the best, most priceless, Rainier cherries that we only get to enjoy straight off our tree for about 2 weeks out of the year.
AAHHHHHH!!!!!
One night last week while the boys were still in CA, Michael & I went for dinner at the casino. Afterward, we each took one dollar to try to "hit it big" at Video Poker. We completely ignored the strange looks we got from the "regulars" as we scoped out the best machine, holding our one dollar bills as though we were flashing $1000 bills. Michael was quick to lose his money. I, on the other hand, got on quite a little roll. Once I hit 55 credits ($13.75 to you novices), we got so excited that we both were yelling, "Cash out! Cash out!!" People were looking around, thinking we had won the jackpot. Well, to us it was. $13.75 ... pretty sad, huh? :) But hey, it paid for part of dinner and we had a blast. We were pretty happy campers. See, it doesn't take much for us to have a good time!I made this sign to sit at their little table. And I made two batches of cookies. I was fearful we wouldn't be able to sell them all. I shouldn't have feared anything ...
Yep, that's my boys!
As for me, I went last week to get a haircut. It was supposed to be just a trim since I'm growing it out. However, my hairstylist and I mutually agreed that I needed to grow out some layers. And in order to keep me from looking like too much of a freak during that "growing out" period, we needed to take about 2 inches off my hair so that the layers could grow out more evenly with the rest of my hair.
I'm sad, so sad. :(
And why is it that a woman's hair grows so much slower than a man's?? Anyone have any tips on getting my hair to grow faster?
I'll check back in with you at the end of next week with some great camping stories!!
No comments:
Post a Comment