Thursday, July 24, 2008

Networking

Still haven't heard a peep from Tuesday evening's prospective clients.

But this afternoon I met here, at Olive You in Mac, with the owners/chefs and with the owner of one of the local wedding venues, Navarra Gardens (see my blog post about Navarra Gardens on The "I Do" Rendezvous). There are some people who I network with that I develop a sort of friendship with. These are some of those people. We all met today to begin a discussion of how to better market our businesses to the brides. We didn't get real far, but we did get some brainstorming going and plan to meet weekly for the time being.

I see this as something that has the potential to grow. I envision other local vendors joining us. I think I will throw that idea out there next week.

Got a call last night that my house was to be shown today. Thankfully I didn't go all out to clean. Michael has rubbed off on me and I know that stressing over the things I can't do isn't going to do any good. As he says, when the house sells it will be a God-thing and it won't matter what is or isn't done when the buyers come to look. Anyway, I got a call this morning that the showing had been cancelled ... and then a call this evening that another realtor scheduled a showing for tomorrow morning. I hate this whole process of having people traipse through my house. It feels like a violation of sorts. I know it's a necessary evil, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

No comments: