Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wednesday Update

I have no real news yet to report ... last night's appointment went great and I loved the couple. They were very impressed with the research I had done for them and with what I could offer them in terms of services. I would be very surprised if they didn't hire me. However, I haven't yet heard back from them, so those little worries are starting to creep in ...

It's all up to God though, right? So I shouldn't worry.

One more prayer request for you ... and this one's a doozy. It would require a total miracle. One of my biggest challenges has been in getting directly to the brides (getting to the vendors has been easy and fun). There is a publication/website here called Bravo! that is the #1 Wedding resource for the Pacific Northwest. The publication itself is handed out at every Bridal show (it goes to thousands and thousands of brides) and their website gets a plethera of hits every day. Advertising with them is my dream because it would accomplish my goal and no doubt bring me much business. However, it is close to $1200 for 1 1/2 years worth of advertising (a full page ad in the book, and advertising on the website). It's a great deal, but out of my league right now. Well, I just found out that the deadline for this year is July 31st ... next Thursday. (Their 2009 book comes out this October at their Trade Show.) If I can't make the deadline, I have to wait a whole year to try again.

Sooo, I am praying BIG for a miracle. I'm praying for God to drop $1200 in my lap that can be used for advertising.

Hey, He's a big God, right?

So will you pray with me?

No comments: