And the next morning we all (nine of us) went to the Newberg Old-Fashioned Days parade together.
We then walked down to the park, ate lunch while listening to a jazz band, meandered through the booths, and took the boys to the carnival area for a couple of rides.
The remainder of Saturday was very relaxing. The boys had their first water balloon fight with Michael. It was hilarious.
After church on Sunday, we went out to lunch and then enjoyed just goofing around at Michael's shop and then up at Craig & Vickie's. Craig volunteered to stay back with the boys that evening so that Vickie, Michael & I could enjoy our church's worship service out at the new amphitheater at George Fox University. I wish I had pictures from last night ... it was so perfect. The amphitheater is set among trees right on a creek. You have no idea you're in the middle of town; it feels like you're out in the forest. The weather was great, the music was awesome ... it was a wonderful time of worship together. And as I watched other parents who were distracted from worship because their kids were doing somersaults up the hill, or initiating tag in the rows, or yelling out, "I'm bored! Is there anything to eat?", I was so, so grateful for Craig who was at home doing water balloon fights, basketball and baseball with the boys. And even more grateful after Vickie checked in with him and told us -- as soon as she could quit laughing -- that Nick had graced Craig with a poopy Pull-Up.
No comments:
Post a Comment