While smiling in the picture, the last two days have been somewhat rough emotionally on the boys and me. Emotional, overwhelming and exhausting. It will take us some time to get used to this new schedule. Probably moreso because there is no continuity to it. It will change from week to week.
I have to focus on what I'm thankful for:
... for a Director and Admin Assistant who are so nice and so easy to work with (see, they even had my nameplate on the door to my office when I arrived)
... for a job, as Michael says, where I am working with the helpers of the community instead of those who need help
... for a part-time job instead of a full-time job (I'm already struggling with finding time with the boys, figuring out how/when to go grocery shopping, helping Drew with homework, doing laundry, doing dishes, etc.)
... for a Director who believes that family comes first ... ALWAYS.
... for my childcare person, Tina, being willing to have the schedule change every week, and being willing to go the extra mile
... for my mom and Vickie wanting to rearrange their schedules to help watch the boys and save me money
... for some evening meetings where Michael is able to watch the boys
... for a job where I'm not chained to a desk
More to come later. For now I'm tired and just wanting to spend the evening talking with Michael.
No comments:
Post a Comment