Saturday, September 6, 2008

Please Say It Isn't So!

Granted, I'm never really "in the know" when it comes to the latest fashions, so forgive me for just finding this out today, but ... RUFFLES??? Are they really the new "in" thing? Please tell me you're kidding!
There is just no way you're going to get me to wear anything even close to this. No stinkin' way.

It never fails though ... I end up "giving in" and liking the trends just a little before they're on their way out the door.
So with that thought in mind, maybe I should just force myself to try a little something "ruffly" now. I mean, this one isn't so bad, is it?
I'm just not sure I can convince myself to wear ruffles. How old were we the last time we wore ruffles anyway? Shouldn't someone have permanently banned them after that?
Am I way off base? Are any of you already ruffle-wearers? If so, can you help me learn how to embrace this gracefully without shuddering??
Now that I'm having to slowly buy a "work" wardrobe, I guess now would be the time if I'm going to do it.
But seriously ..... ????

2 comments:

Brenda Torres said...

So if you really want to be in style, you need to buy leg warmers or leggings. No joke --- they are back in! The 80's is back with a vengeance. It wasn't even pretty the first time. Me? I'm going back to the perm and tall bangs. LOL

Darin Brown said...

I say go in style but not trendy. Trendy is expensive and doesn't last more than a year or two. Good style can last for years. Or at least, if you want to buy something trendy, just buy one or two things. Not an entire wardrobe. Go to Target!! :)

Deb